Hello.comGoogle had acquired Hello.com along with Picasa. Hello.com was first instant messenger that had "exchanging" pictures as a core functionality (Predated Instagram by a decade). Google chose to kill the product (in place of merging it into Picasa itself http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/05/picasas-hello-discontinued.html )
Google could have used Hello.com branding for several of its products as an option:
- Google Talk could have been changed to Hello.
- Google Voice could have been named Hello.
- Google Hangout could have been named Hello.
- Google's first phone offering (Project Fi) could have been called Hello.
- Google could have named its newest IM as Hello in place of Allo.
Google chose to do none of that. Hello.com is now a new social network created by Orkut Büyükkökten - founder of Orkut.